Spoon Guru Limited of Little Sharlowes, Flaunden, Herts. HP3 0PP, United Kingdom (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- The Spoon Guru version 1 and any earlier pre-release beta version (and unless updated all later versions) mobile application software (App) available on the Apple and Android app stores or beta versions downloaded on TestFlight (App Site), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Spoon Guru Limited of Little Sharlowes, Flaunden, Herts. HP3 0PP, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, enter your food preference profile and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, food choices and preferences, food allergy, food intolerance and dietary choices.
2. Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device (Content Information);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
3. Location information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe function in your the Settings menu.
4. Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
5. If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
6. Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. Submitted Information: for operating the App and providing the Services.
2. Device information: for operating the App and providing the Services.
3. Content Information: for operating the App and providing the Services.
4. Log information: for operating and improving the App and Services.
5. Location information: for delivering location based Services such as restaurant search or grocery store search.
6. Third Party Information: for analysing use of and improving the App and Services and for enabling and processing subscriptions to the Services
7. Unique application numbers: for the management of customer relations and support services.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 10% of men aged under 30 search for gluten free food). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you download or use the App to the following third parties:
CATEGORY OF DATA
Database Service Provider including MailChimp, Wordpress; Payment processors, App Store
Analytics Service Providers including Google, MixPanel, AppAnnie, Zendesk, Urban Airship, Segment
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If Spoon Guru Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
4. In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Spoon Guru Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Ensure when using Certain Services including social networking, chat room or forum features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or opting not to complete the respective form. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Spoon Guru Limited, Little Sharlowes, Flaunden, Herts. HP3 0PP, UK or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised and websites displaying recipe cooking instructions). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please email email@example.com to request access to your data.